Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sorry it's been a while since I have posted anything.  As I said in my last post I had done my first craft fair but what I didn't say was I was heading into my next one which was only 2 weeks away.  Well with another craft fair on the way and the hope that the first one would product some customers the ups and downs were many.  I made it through and created many cards in between.  So I will have many posts to come with all my new creations.  I have to say that I have been pretty surprised by my ability to be creative.  I have been going outside my comfort zone and been (if I say so myself) impressed with myself.
I have been in the accounting field most of my working career and liked that I could add a row of numbers get a total and that was it.  Very black and white.  Well in the next couple of cards I'll be posting I broke out of that.  Let me explain.  The following card is die cut leafs.  Normally my thinking goes like this:  leaves have vanes in them, draws some vanes and that's that.  This time I got the idea to use a couple of different embossing folders on the leafs.  I gotta say I loved it.  All those different textures.  Then dare I say - the background paper is going the wrong way.  A very dear friend brought it to my attention (I didn't even notice it!).  My thought on it "Creative License".  What a break through!  So here it is and you can decide for yourselves.



Recipe
Stamp sets - Owl Occassions, Itty Bitty Banners
Dies - Sizzix Bigz Die Autumn Accents, Bitty Banners Framelits
Paper - Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry and First Edition Specialty
Ink - Early Expresso
Embossing Folders - Woodgrain, Petals-a-Plenty and Perfect Polka Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment